Essences are a relatively new addition to the Western skincare routine, but they have been a staple of Korean and Japanese skincare for decades. Essences are lightweight, watery liquids that are packed with hydrating and nourishing ingredients. They are applied after cleansing and toning, but before serums and moisturizers. It can easily be used to flood your skin with hydration or to do the 7-skin application method.
What’s are Essences?
Essences play a number of important roles in the skincare routine. First, they help to hydrate the skin deeply. This is essential for maintaining healthy skin, as dehydration can lead to a number of problems, such as dryness, dullness, and fine lines and wrinkles.
Second, it helps to prep the skin for other skincare products. They do this by softening the skin and making it more receptive to the active ingredients in serums and moisturizers. This means that your other skincare products will be more effective and you will see better results.
Essences for aging, hyperpigmentation and dry skin.
Third, it can target specific skin concerns. There are essences available that are designed to address a variety of skin concerns, such as dryness, dullness, fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and acne. This allows you to choose an essence that is specifically tailored to your skin’s needs.
Here are some of the benefits of using essences in your skincare routine:
- Hydration: Essences are packed with hydrating ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid and glycerin. These ingredients help to replenish the skin’s moisture levels and keep it hydrated throughout the day.
- Improved product absorption: It can help to improve the absorption of other skincare products, such as serums and moisturizers. This is because they help to soften the skin and make it more receptive to the active ingredients in these products.
- Targeted skincare: Usually are available in a variety of formulas that target specific skin concerns, such as dryness, dullness, fine lines and wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation. This allows you to choose an essence that is specifically tailored to your skin’s needs.
- Balanced skin pH: It can help to balance the skin’s pH, which is important for maintaining a healthy skin barrier.
- Free radical protection: often contain antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from free radical damage.
- Boosted cell turnover: can help to boost the skin’s natural cell turnover, which can lead to a brighter and more even complexion.
If you are looking for a way to improve the health and appearance of your skin, consider adding an essence to your skincare routine. Essences are a versatile product that can benefit all skin types.
How to use in your skincare routine
To use essences in your skincare routine, simply apply it after cleansing and toning, but before other skincare products, such as serums and moisturizers. You can apply essence using your hands or a cotton pad. Gently pat the essence into your skin until it is fully absorbed.
Allow a few minutes for the essence to absorb before applying other skincare products. This will help to ensure that the other products are able to penetrate the skin effectively.
You can use essence once or twice a day, depending on your skin type and needs. If you have dry skin, you may want to use essence twice a day for extra hydration. If you have oily skin, you may want to use essence once a day.
If you are new to using essences, start by using one once a day. You can gradually increase the frequency of use to twice a day, if desired.