They say history repeats itself. Tell me a better way of recording history, if not to write it down in the moment. I’ve been keeping a journal since 2012 and it has greatly improved the quality of my life and how I am trying to live my days as I get the chance to sit with myself, understand what went wrong, and decide how to move forward to become better. It also reminds me of how beautiful the days were as we can be really forgetful. I don’t want that.
Similar with businesses, doing a fiscal report, at the end of the year, I sit down with myself and identify how the ‘quarters’ went. I unravel patterns and decide the right course of action before booking my year’s theme, goals and activities.
My goal for 2023 is best represented by this phrase: positive acceptance and adventures, and the following list includes the list of thing’s I’ve learned from the previous year.
“As the year is ending, we have to purge the negative habits and beliefs that didn’t work or held you back.
- Let’s work on your integrity by letting your yes be yes and your no be no.
- You have to be true and kind to yourself. Learn how to be friends with yourself.
- Define your own definition of success and your self-worth. When you give others the chance to validate you, they will have a say in how you’re living your life.
- Again, stop waiting for that train that never arrives. Put yourself out there and experience more of life.
- Use your daydreams as guide, don’t live your life inside your head. You learn to live by living, not thinking.
- Relationships make life worthwhile, decrease access to yourself especially from draining people. You do you.
- Learn how to let go of people and things you can’t control. It’s too stressful.
- If it’s not going to give life to others, hold back.
- Learn to ask God, depend on Him.
- Even if you are not ready, when an opportunity presents itself, just grab it. The purpose or reason behind it will reveal itself later on.
- If it’s meant for you, it will feel light and right.
- Practice loving acceptance of where you are now and where you are going. Spread positivity to everyone around you.
- Ignore or create space between the things and people that frustrates you. Eventually you’ll find that not everything or everyone is important.
- Be more intentional with how you are living your life- creating action and not just reacting to whatever’s happening.
- I know how you love being productive, but give yourself time to rest as well. Don’t forget to play and have fun.
- One thing that stressed you out is relationships, again if it doesn’t feel right and light, it’s not for you.
- You can admire others without wanting to marry them. HAHA. Get the best traits from people and make that a part of who you are.
- Be unbothered. Never let anything affect you. ROBOT? Never your show your emotions (realising how bad this sounds just right now like while I’m writing this blog). Ahem. Man can feel emotions too, you don’t have to figure all of it out right now.
- You came a bit far, but still a long way to go. Regardless continue being humble, you still have a long way to go.
- Keep on learning!
- Have more meaningful breaks to recharge yourself.
- Be unapologetic for who you are and what you do and wear. HAHA
- Don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the journey.
- People who wants to be in your life will make the effort to do so.
- With the time you have, focus on yourself and your growth and the people you already have in your life.
- Don’t focus too much on internal chatter.
- When tired, overwhelmed, or upset, shut up. What usually comes out of your mouth is not nice.
- Remove all the fluff from your life, until all what’s left are the essentials.”
You may find it funny or light, but hopefully you get to pick up a lesson or two. Cheers to living life positively!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
If ever you find the posts in my website helpful, subscribe via my email list so you can keep updates on the latest trends about skincare, style, mental health and productivity. Be prepared for some personal anecdotes like this one. Make sure to hit confirm in your email to validate that you’re not a robot.
Until you read from me again.