Time flies by so fast and sometimes it can feel like we’re not moving forward, when in fact a lot of things have changed. It’s necessary for us to take a step back and reflect on where we’ve been and where we’re going so that we may see the big picture ahead of us. I guess this is my anniversary post since I’ve already been in Australia for a year. Everything that’s happened just feels like yesterday. Here’s a compilation of the things that I’ve learned the way. It’s a good start, and I know that there are still a lot of lessons that I’ll learn as I continue to grow up.
- The first thing is that we got to be where we are because of the people we have been surrounded with. I’d like to think that I did it myself but I am grateful and fortunate enough to be surrounded by amazing and inspiring people who have pushed me to be the best I can be. I am fortunate enough to be given the right support, challenges and resources, and I just utilised everything for the best outcomes. So here’s to my mom and dad, siblings, family and friends!
- There’s a lot of potential for growth whenever and if ever you decide to leave your comfort zone. This has been a constant challenge for me, because even if I love learning and growing, there’s a part of me that thrives in routine and familiarity. I realised that the moment you become flexible with whatever life throws at you, you’ll be in the best shape to learn, even if there’s resistance and discomfort at the start. There’s no easy way to get things done, just get through it, and you will come out stronger.
- People are inherently good and everyone will be there to support you once you are aligned with your purpose. One of the books I’ve read before the year starts is Paulo Coelho’s The Alchemist. One of my favorite lines ingrained with me is that “when you want something, the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” What are your goals for the year? Take some time to reflect and see it come to life.
- I know I was able to adapt already when I was back to my normal workout routine. Initially I am doing it to be physically healthy and fit, but over time my perspectives around it changed me physically and internally. It’s something that gets me through the tough times, it’s something that I deliberately chose myself to go through to be stronger. Working out helps me be grounded and stable in both my good and bad days, and it’s something that will be with me for a while.
- There are still questions and uncertainty about how the coming years will look like. There are things I still cant understand but God will reveal his plans bit by bit, I’m just here for the ride. It’s very timely for my year’s theme, as it’s all about adventure and positive acceptance. Focusing on the good, the people and opportunities I have in my life, and letting go of the ones that are not.
May we find peace and growth in the coming year ahead, as it’s ending fast. We must adapt swiftly, lest we stagnate and become still. That will be the death of me. Until you read from me again.